3.7.14

A Little Polishing Up


Today is a quiet day. There is this headache that has been lingering for a couple days now.. I wish it would go awayyyyy! It's one of those days where I just want to nap and eat chips and dip. Mmm...Treats and snoozin'. My fave. I decided to have a coffee first before I jumped into my big day of hiding in the dark. Mmm coffee.. another fave. As I was sipping on it, I thought maybe I should do my nails before I lose all motivation. 
As you can see, my lovely ring finger had been peeled away at. I was going to just re-do that one finger, but then I decided 'ahh what the heck'...so I took it all off. Now, I love shellac. I also hate the removal process part of shellac. Taking nail polish off is a process, taking shellac off, gah. First you need to buff up the nail. I ended up peeling away the polish on my ring finger [don't do this... just don't.. i make bad choices sometimes.. this is an example of such choices]. Once the polish is nice and scratched up, soak the cotton balls in the gel nail polish remover, I used Red Carpet Erase. Put the cotton ball on the nail and wrap a piece of tin foil around the tip of your finger to hold it in place. The polish remover needs to soak into all the coats and break them up so they can be easily removed. After a few minutes [I finished my coffee and watched some Greys Anatomy], rub the tin foil/cotton ball around and wiggle it off the nail and finger. The polish should all be on the cotton ball! Use a fine nail file to buff the nail again. I file my nails and do cuticle work at this time as well. Then use another cotton ball soaked in isopropyl alcohol to wipe the nails clean. 
These are the polishes I used this time around. Gelish Foundation, Red Carpet Gel Polish in colour Violetta Darling, Gelish Top it Off. Put a thin layer of the base coat on the nail. After every coat, cure the polish under the UV light. I have a great Sally Hansen Gel Manicure Starter Kit that I got as a gift. It works great & I would definitely recommend it! 
Always put coats on in thin layers. I always put 2 coats of colour on my nails. The photo above is the first and second coats. 2 coats usually gives full coverage. If not, put a third coat on. Just make sure to put them on thinly & cure after every coat. Top it off & cure again. Finish it off by wiping another alcohol soaked cotton ball on your finger nails. 
Polish is done! I like to complete the whole manicure with using this amazing Lush product! I am obsessed with it, especially in the winter. I get really dry cuticles, and this cuticle butter works like a charm! Lemony Flutter smells amazing and give me the softest cuticles and finger tips ever. 
Love it.