29.3.15

What's In My Hospital Bag!

Here is my "What's In My Hospital Bag" post! 
I'm quite excited about doing this, because after I get home from having the baby, I'm going to do an update as to what I actually used, what I didn't & what I wish I had brought, etc. Since my bags have been fully packed for about 4 weeks now, I thought maybe it was time to actually take photos and document! I've documented everything so far, may as well continue with this! 
So here are the bags I'm using. The one on the left is a David's Tea canvas tote, which is super durable and such a perfect size. Inside of that bag is a little baby bag. The big black and pink one on the right is a bag I bought for luggage in London, On a few years ago at one of those luggage shops in the mall. It has a big shoulders trap too. This one is actually a lot lighter then the David's Tea one!
All the items I packed came from a list my hospital gave me, as well as ideas from friends and family!


So this one is filled with basically clothing. 

Bo's things: 2 shirts, pj pants, swim shorts, socks & underwear. We had slippers we meant to bring but forgot :(
My things: 3 tanks, 2 leggings, 1 pair of yoga pants, 2 open cardigans, 1 zip up hoodie, robe, flip flops, slippers, socks & underwear + my makeup bag which just has the basics in it - bronzer, powder, bb cream, mascara.
I also have our toothbrushes, toothpaste, some q-tips, and my hair brush in this bag. 

I also packed in that bag, the blanket I knit for bebe.. Newborn size diapers and size 1 diapers. The list I got from the hospital said size 1, but since I had a pkg of newborn sizes at home, I wanted to bring them so he can use as much of them as possible, if they fit that is! I also packed maxi pads and nursing pads.

 Each of these bags are packed with things, but the little baby bag fits right into the David's Tea tote. Convenient, so we only need to carry 2 bags total instead of 3!

 In the tote, this is what I have! It's all pretty self explanatory, since I have most of the things marked. 
Gatorade, snacks, baby wipes, make up remover wipes, hand sanitizer, coconut oil. In the travel sized containers, I have body wash, shampoo and conditioner, and lotion. In the big ziploc I have Aveeno Baby body wash/shampoo, diaper rash cream, and lotion. 

Finally, this is what is packed in the baby bag! I actually ended up changing a few of the onesies & added a specific going home outfit, but thats pretty much it.. everything is still the same. 
A soft blanket, 2 receiving blankets, a burp cloth, 4 onesies, 4 sleepers, the hat and slippers I knit him, another hat, a pair of pants, 2 pairs of socks and 2 pairs of mittens... plus a soother with the attachment clip. 
I also ended up bringing 2 premixed newborn formula bottles & 2 little bottles, just in case. 

I probably overpacked... but its better to be prepared then not right?? Like I said, I'll do an update in the future of what I needed, didn't need, wish I had, etc.